Lookie here – I’ve got me a button. The talented yet slightly evil Cookie made this for my very own – isn’t she the bomb??**
Ya’ll know by now that I’m not real big on following rules, so this KAL will be neither rule heavy nor tightly managed. Here’s the plan:
1. In spite of apparent confusion over what, exactly, we’re knitting, it’s really very simple. Forest Canopy is the “official” KAL pattern. Grab a pattern and some yarn, and cast on sometime in the next week or so. No need to “sign up” or any such beaurocratic nonsense. Grab the pretty button if you want, and just knit!
2. If you’re over Forest Canopy, don’t like it, or whatever, then you can choose Icarus instead. I’m planning to knit this one as well, but I probably won’t cast on for it for another week or so.
3. If you’re uber-contrarian, knit whatever shawl you want to – including Flower Basket (*cough*) if you must. I don’t have a link. I don’t want to know…
4. I’ll post on my own progress every now and again – roughly every week. I’ll tag the posts Knitting w/ Nora so you can find them. Jump in with comments. E-mail me guest posts or photos if you want – I’ll gladly post them!
5. If anyone wants to start a betting pool as to who will finish first, I warn you that Certain People knit really fast. You might want to do an over under, or bet on a spread, or something.
6. I don’t have a deadline in mind. We all have enough stress in our lives. Just cast on and see what happens.
7. Finally, I still haven’t settled on yarn for my FC. I’ll let you know when it happens – it won’t be long.
**The WordPress template I use (Cutline) stubbornly refuses to allow me to post buttons in a sidebar widget. I can get text, but no images. If anyone knows any tips or tricks, or an alternative template that might work, give me a jingle, wouldya?